May 11, 2006

T.I.L.T. 5-10-06

I love that fresh strawberries are on their way, promising all there red, sweet, juicy goodness right outside my doorstep. Their sweet little whit flowers whose center look just like a little green berry. When we were little my bestfriend called these little red jewels bob-it-tees. We still call them that.
I love that the lilac bushes are blooming- their wonderful purple flowers and the scent. I love how the leaves on the bush are shaped like hearts- that the green seems to be a perfect complimentary to the purple. I cut them and put them in a mason jar on the counter in the house- i love these little beauties.
I love that I can walk around in the grass with my shoes off. Letting the space between my toes fill with the green goodness.
I love that the cats play outside with me in the post work hours as I pull weeds and clip flowers. They munch on the catnip that is growing (or rather taking over) in the yard and become silly with delight.
I love that spring is here, that I can streeeeeetch tall and long with my heart filling with sunshine and joy in the warmth of the day. I love that when I get home from work at 5:30 or 6 I have time to sit outside or go for a walk and it isn't pitch dark out side. I love that our yard is blooming and that the grass is growing so fast we can hardly keep up.
This is what I love today....
PS the last photo was inspired by joymadison's TILT from last week.
more TILT here, and here and here, oh and here too

4 comments:

Erica said...

I LOVE the shadow picture!!! And you have such long toes! (Says the woman with chubby, stubby, Polish peasant toes) ;->

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

My mom calls them spaghetti toes- I can actually pick stuff up with them. Kinda monkey-ish if you ask me- hee hee

Jennifer S. said...

You have a great blog. Lots of great photos and commentary! I'll be back...

Stacie said...

How do we survive the winter, but for the gifts that spring has to offer...