October 19, 2006

Reflection Cisco Grove- TILT


Reflection Cisco Grove, originally uploaded by NessieNoodle.

Cisco Grove is sandwiched between the Yuba River, Old Highway 40 and I-80 as you are heading over Donner Summit.

Cisco Grove

Before I-80, Highway 40 took you from Truckee, CA to Sacramento or the Bay Area and Cisco Grove was a thriving little spot for travelers to stop to refuel their cars and themselves. There were shops, a resturaunt and a gas station. Today there isn't much on that side of I-80 but the remnants of the old stone buildings and a few cabins.

Cisco Grove


One of my first jobs I worked as a Natural Resource Planner. Cisco Grove was a place we were trying to preserve not just because of the beauty but also because of the history of the place.

Fall at Cisco Grove

To find out more about Cisco Grove its history and its function today Google any one of these organizations mentioned in the photo below.
DSC03804


I love stopping here on the way over the hill, especially in the fall when the Cisco, Aspens and other species of trees are changing color.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lovely. I've probably driven thru Cisco Grove as a child, not able to appreciate such a lovely place. I especially love the leaves in the water.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place to be on a beautiful day! I'm envious. Thanks for sharing pics!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I've been noticing the Cottonwood trees in that area and now I know to stop and hang out at the Preserve. It's been especially pretty this last month. We drive up to Truckee and head north so we're always looking for spots to discover along the way. Great history, you're right, at Cisco Grove.